Monday, August 17, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

A new bird for me this week!  It' a  Say's Phoebe which is quite a small bird as the cable she is sitting on would suggest!

Beautiful bird! I did not hear it sing.  I checked on line and it is a quite subdued singer.

Love the coloring and the shine in the eye!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have been looking for a container to hold some Extra Virgin Olive Oil need the stove.  The one I was using required that I tip it over a lot to get liquid out of it.

During my visit with my sister she said "Would this work?"  It is a bottle of coconut oil she purchased for her salad dressing.

"Yes!" I said. That would work very well. It has a nice pour spout, hold about 1 cup which is a great size, and it's easy to clean. 

 It works really well.  Glad to see manufactures adapting their bottles to what works for the consumer.

Love it.





The friend who celebrates her birthday this week shared her cake with me.  Her sister purchased the cake.

This is a Black Forest Cake created by one of the best bakeries in the city - Bon Ton Bakery.

It was delicious.  I cut the large piece in two pieces and enjoyed it twice with a cup of green tea.





I chose a few bugs for my mosaic this week.  The Spotted Tussock Moth Caterpillar comes out in August.  I remember being scared of these as a kid, still not that crazy about them.  I mentioned Dragonflies last week as predators.  The Yellowjacket Wasp was getting some moisture from this spot on the the wood. 

The challenge this week at Flickr Macro Monday is Push/Pull.  What a great choice. The variety of objects for this challenge is unending. Buttons of all sorts, zippers, rubber bands, tools, and so much more.  

You can check out my Photostream SMDPics to see which image I submitted.

Sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #93

and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #253

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. I love that beautiful little bird and the cake looks fantastic! Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a phoebe in person. It's a charming looking bird. And I very much like your new oil bottle. The birthday cake looks fabulous1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm. This is the second photo of chocolate cake I've seen in the last hour or so. I may have to squirt some chocolate syrup on yogurt. lol
    I like the expressive characters in your mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Balck Forest Cake looks so delicious, Sylvia! I like the insects you found in your garden mosaic, especially the fuzzy caterpillar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake! Yumm. You might not like that caterpillar but he is very colorful and looks great in the mosaic with the other two insects. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sylvia :) What a sweet bird, great photo! I can SO relate to the olive oil issue...I still keep mine in the bottles they came in because every container/jar/bottle I've used makes a mess of things! Oh that cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute tea post and nice photos of the bugs.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sylvia - wonderful picture of the Phoebe. Looks like it has quite the personality. Funny how the yellowjackets start to appear in August! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Say's Phoebe is a fun name for a cute bird! Isn't it wonderful when you find little things like a bottle that works?! The cake looks really delicious. A really lovely post.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.