Thursday, July 8, 2021

Birthday Cards

I made a few cards for my upcoming family birthdays.

I started with a card base in Not Quite Navy. 

I printed the sail boat from the Sail Away stamp set on Whisper White in black.  I used the Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons to color the image.  Night of Navy for the water, Not Quite Navy for the sky and Cherry Cobbler for the sails.  It was trimmed to 4.00 x 5.25 inches.

I printed the greetings in black on white card stock.

I flagged the right hand end of the greeting and mounted on the card front with 3D foam tape.

I chose a Soft Sky card base. I added a layer of Old Olive at 4.00 x 5.25 inches.  

I printed the grove from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set in black on white. 

I watercolored the image with Not Quite Navy for the sky.   A mixture of Always Artichoke and Garden Green for the grass and the trees. 

The image was trimmed to 3.5 x 5.00 inches and adhered to the green layer.

I printed the greetings in black on white card stock.

I trimmed the greeting and mounted on the card front with 3D foam tape.

I chose a Stampin Up Kraft card base.

I printed the Canada Goose from the Wetlands Stamp set in black on white card stock.

I mixed a color to match the Kraft card base which I used for the body of the bird, a lighter version for the breast and some greener version for the grass.

I printed the greetings in black on white card stock.

I chose the same color mixed earlier to shade the edges of the flagged greeting.  It was mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape. 

A couple of these off to those who are celebrating in July.


1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - each one is a fabulous creation! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.