Monday, July 12, 2021

Cards - Birthday and All Occasion

I chose a piece of Stampin Up Designer Paper from the Tea for Two series and cut it into 6 - 4.00 x 5.25" pieces.

The paper was designed with Island Indigo as the deep blue I don't have that color so I substituted Midnight Muse which works well.  Love the quilting pattern.  This is my Angle Rectangle design where the decorative paper is titled on the card front and adhered. Then it is trimmed to the card edges with scissors. 

I added a length of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon and knotted it on the front aligning it on the left near the fold.

I punched an Artisan Label from a scrap of the same DSP and turned it over to reveal the Calypso Coral polka dot side. I layered a Modern Label blue greeting over that. It was adhered in the bottom right hand corner with 3D foam tape.

This will be a card for one of my quilting sisters.

For this card I have paired it with a Lucky Limeade card base.

I cut the layer at 3.5" and turned the smaller piece over and taped them back together.  I placed a length of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon along the join and taped the ends to the back.  The layer was then adhered to the card front.

I created the greeting with a SU Scallop Circle punchie in a coordinating orange card stock with a color printed circle greeting.  The blue and green greeting was punched with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch then adhered to the scallop.  This accent was then adhered to the card front over the ribbon with 3D foam tape.

This card is for a friend who celebrates her birthday in early August.



I made a couple of all occasion cards for my card box.

Here I have paired the reverse side which is the Calypso Coral Polka Dots with a coordinating card base. 

I assembled the flower accent with a couple handmade paper flowers (turquoise and yellow) and a couple silk flowers (white and orange).  All held in place on the designer paper with a tiny blue brad. 

The layer was then adhered to the card front with double sided tape.


I used another Midnight Muse card base with the quilting side of the Tea for Two DSP facing out. I made a slit in the designer paper and folded back the triangles to reveal the orange polka dots.  Like the way it repeats the triangles in the paper.

I wrapped a length of narrow organza ribbon in the Lucky Limeade color around the narrowest point of the front layer and tied a bow.  Trimmed the ribbon ends.

The layer was then adhered to the card front.

I added some three warm white Sugar Dots in the triangle space across from the ribbon bow.

Each of these has a white blank insert and has been paired with an white envelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.