Sunday, October 30, 2022

Small Gifts - Art Magnets

I used some of the watercolors I painted this year to make some art magnets. 

The fall leaves on my niece's card, the sail boat from my aunt's card, the bulrushes on my brother in law's card and the sunrise from my stained glass project.

I sized them to fit the magnets I had which measure 1.5 x 2.75 inches. I layed them out digitally onto a 4x6 document then had them professionally printed on photo paper.

I had sized them a wee bit bigger to allow for some leeway with placement.  I trimmed one side exactlyl then it was easy to lay that against the edge of the sticky magnet.  Once layed down I burnished them with a brayer to ensure good adhesion.  I trimmed the extra paper away with scissors then did the corners with my blue corner rounder which matched perfectly the corner on the magnets. Unfortunately, my signature generally in the bottom right hand corner was affected.

A beautiful set of magnets with watercolor images.  I made several sets.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.