Monday, October 31, 2022

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I don't do much with Halloween.  

I found this pumpkin when I was out of town to see Mom.

I have added the greeting.

I hope that you had a good day if you celebrate this day.






The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley.  This is a time travel story by this Canadian author.

In present day, Eva returns to her childhood summer place in England following the death of her dear sister Katrina.  There, she is invited to stay with her childhood friends the Halletts at Trelowarth House. Susan and Mark are siblings the Claire is the stepmom. 

Trelowarth House is known for its roses.  They provide rose stock to many gardeners across the world.  

In the past, Eva returns to Trelowarth House who is inhabited by 3 men in the eighteenth century. Daniel Butler, his brother Jack and Fergal O'Cleary a friend.  The cove below the house features strongly in the past as the brothers run a ship name the Sally which transports goods of dubious ownership.

Eva puts Katrina's ashes to rest and decides to stay the summer with the Halletts and does promotional work for the tea house Susan is wanting to open. Research into those who lived here before becomes relevant as Eva spends time with these characters. 

There are several love stories in the present and the past.  I really enjoyed how the stories were entwined and the end of the story was very fitting.  Enjoyed it a lot.

I attended an art show on Friday afternoon when I hoped the number of people attending would not be too high.  

There were many artists represented, with a variety of mediums and skills levels.  I was surprised by the volume of pieces in the show.

I did not take a photo but there was a geode which looked so real I did not even question it.  Later, upon discussion with my sister, the color was gold which likely was not realistic, the size was 24-30 inches tall which if it was real would have weighed many pounds, and a real geode would not be in an art show. Later, I found out it was made of styrofoam but it was beautifully done.  Captured my imagination completely.

While I was downtown I decided I may as well take a walk along the river since it was such a beautiful day.

I walked up to the Children's Bridge and this is the view looking back from where I had come.

The river was moving quite fast, the breeze was touching the water surface, and the water is quite low.  

The fall colors are dropping from the trees and the leaves are mostly on the ground.

I had a wonderful walk in nature and it restored my soul some.

These days are numbered and we have been blessed with an extended fall and it Halloween was a great day with out the need for snow jackets under or over costumes for the little ones.



I did go to the Lois Hole Provincial Park after my visit down town.  

Someone before me had put seeds out several places along the walk so the birds were in numbers feeding. This gave me a wonderful opportunity for photos. Thanks!

I captured Black-capped Chickadees and Chipping Sparrows. It was a good afternoon.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.