Sunday, October 16, 2022

Small Gifts - Oil Diffusers - One of a Kind - Set 3

I am loving this creative process of making cool felt diffusers for these diverse type of containers. 

Here, I have a two inch square crystal napkin holder laid down flat with the hole facing up.  I made a different type of felt flower for this one.  You can find the tutorial for this flower here

Teal Blossom - I chose teal felt and cut six 2 inch circles then a yellow one for the center of the flower and a green one for the base.  I thought the green one suggests leaves without having actual leaves imposing onto the edge of the glass. I really wanted to be able to see the 4 corners of the napkin holder.

The video suggests hot glue but I chose to stitch this flower together which makes a cleaner end product.

I then stitched it to a white felt ball which helps the flower stay in place on the napkin holder.

This flower design is full and very easy to put together.

On the right is a photo of the top. 

With the oil being placed on the yellow center it will keep any discoloration to a minimum.

With Love Cup - This is a beautiful Mikasa - With Love pattern ivory bone china cup from the early 1980's.  

I decided to make the diffuser an ivory felt stuffy decorated with a  round petal pattern. 

I found this Petal Pattern video on line. The opening of the cup measures 2.75 inches but I needed to add some for seams and for puffiness. I cut 2 ivory felt circles measuring 3.5 inches in diameter and sewed them together with a 1/4 inch seam leaving an opening to turn it inside out. I then stuffed it with cotton batting and slip stitched the opening closed.  I then created the petal pattern according to the video using warm rose yarn to match the cup.

To accent the center I added a warm green circle topped with a gold metal filigree accent which was stitched on with the same yarn. 

I have created a spacer to place under the petal to keep it at the top of the cup.  I could keep the drops of oil to the center to lessen an discoloration of the ivory felt.  This diffuser would fit in nicely in a kitchen, a dining room, a reading nook or even on a bedside table. 

Time to Unwind - A ball of variegated yarn to encompass many shades of brown and reds which brings in the colors in the basket as well.  I created the ball by hand to be just the right size for the basket.

I created custom sized knitting needles from skewers cut down to about 4 inches.  I glued wooden beads to the blunt end.  Once the beads were dry I used Distress Ink of Antique Linen and Vintage Photo to add some color to the needles to be more in keeping with the overall color scheme. 

I added the More Mustard tag which was color printed and punched with the 2 inch circle punch.

Perfect quiet time to enjoy the aromatherapy of essential oils.

Triangular Trio - A set of three felt flowers with white pom pom centers set in a triangular bottle.

The flowers are purple, grey and light blue.  Each has a yellow fringe surrounding the white pom in the middle.

Each flower has a twisted silver wire stem which is terminated at the bottom with a iridescent ebead just before the end curl.

I have wrapped a length of yellow grosgrain ribbon around the neck of the bottle to repeat the yellow in the bouquet.

The essential oil can be applied to either the felt or the pom pom. The essential oil may discolor the white centers.

I wanted a less flowery option in a diffuser.

Tiny Beer - This diffuser started with a vintage etched crystal shot glass with a nice handle. It measures 4 inches tall. 

I rolled a piece of ginger colored felt to be the beer and placed it in the bottom of the glass.

Now I needed to create the frothy foam at the top of the drink.  I rummaged through  my yarn stash to find a messy white yarn which I wrapped around a white pom pom.  I secured the head to the beer with hot glue.

I think it looks great!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.