Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Sewing Project - ReUsable Bags - 2 more shorter ones

These are a very similar size to the California King ones I made earlier. Overall height 20" T x 19.5W - bag  is 13" D.

I brought home some taupe microfiber fabric home from my sister's on Saturday that had been in my Mom's stash.  There was enough to make to 2 bags I thought.

It was very nice weight and I just had to assess the size of the piece and figure out what I needed.

There are some left overs which I have no idea what I will do with it.  The cut outs from all these bags are starting to pile up.
These bags do fold up to a reasonable size.  They would not fit in my purse but they would work for a lot of places.

I hope to find a few nice patterned microfiber fabric.  Doing these plain ones is getting boring.   I likely have enough bias tape to about 5-7 more.







I have started tacking the elastic to the front of the bag with a bit of stitching before I add the bias tape.  It helps to keep in place.

Means that I don't have to manage 2 things at once.

The button hides the overlap of the bias tape which works well.  Hand sewing the button can  be challenging because there are 2 layers of bias tape and the elastic in that spot.

It is working out alright.




This bag is another short and wide one.  

I used dark brown bias tape, black elastic and a brown button on this bag.

The bias tape makes this go really fast. I don't need to pin or anything.  Just open the tape, slip the edge of the bag inside and top stitch the edge. Works really fast but just quite costly.








This is the package of double fold bias tape in dark brown which I used on the bag above.\

Check out the price! It is $1.00 when the current price is now $3.30.  I wonder how old that package is?  70's?   Who knows!











I am starting to have a little basket full of these bags.

Right now the plan is to donate them.

I will bring them to show the girls at quilting on Monday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.