Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Sewing Project - ReUsable Bag - Bright Big Ones

I bought a piece of polyester fabric on Friday that I thought would make 3 bags. I just loved the bright colors and was quite sure I have bias tape that would work.

Sure enough, I had yellow, orange and green. Brown would have worked too. 

It was a nice change to sew with nice colors rather than the beige, grey, tan ones I have made in recent days.

I decided to maximize the use of the fabric so the bags finished are a bit bigger than the ones I have made so far.

Measurements: Overall height = 24", width = 24 inches and the bag itself is 17 inches tall. 

This fabric was like the other patterned polyester fabric so it frayed easily.  It feels really nice and irons beautifully.


The first one got yellow bias tape with an orange button and a white elastic.

The next one got orange bias tape with a light green button.

And the third got green bias tape with a yellow button and white elastic.

These will perkup the full basket of folded bags I have made this month.

Great to get 3 bags done today!

There they are all folded ready to join the rest in the basket.  It is overflowing with about 15 bags.

I have enough bias tape to make about 12 more then I can get rid of the rick rack that also lives in that box and it will be another empty box to add to the result of de-cluttering.

I have decided to keep the patterned polyester one with turquoise bias tape for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.