Friday, June 16, 2023

Card - Watercolor - Echinacea

I watercolored another flower for a birthday card.

I wanted to find another flower so I searched for an image.  This is an Echinacea or Cone Flower.  After making a light pencil tracing I used my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  

I wet the paper very well then dabbed a bit of Night of Navy and Not Quite Navy at the top of the paper and Always Artichoke and Old Olive on the bottom half.

I used Rich Razzleberry in several different intensities from light to more intense at the bottom of the petals. The petals have 3 to five layers on them. The centers are Daffodil Delight and More Mustard with a brown created.  Then, I used Always Artichoke and some Old Olive on the stems. I used an ultra fine Micron 005 black permanent marker to outline the flowers and stems.

Once it was dry, I adhered it to a A2 Rich Razzleberry card base with the fold at the top. I added a narrow strip of Always Artichoke card stock across the stems on the bottom. I then added a circle greeting with pink words and brushed the edges with the Always Artichoke ink pad.  It was placed just off center. I used a wet brush and clear water to soften the color.   I added a quarter sheet insert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.