Friday, June 16, 2023

Card - Watercolor Pansies

This is a card for my sister.  She celebrates her birthday soon and I wanted it in the mail so it arrives on time.

I found a coloring book page on line to help me with the line drawing of these flowers.

I used Stampin Up Wonder Watercolor Crayons so it would match with the card stock I selected.

The colors are Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, and Always Artichoke. Once painted and dry I outlined the image with a fine Micron permanent black marker.  It pressed overnight under several heavy books.

The back petals are a mix of Navy and Eggplant, the center ones are EE and the front one is Daffodil with darker marks with More Mustard. Put a pale background with Night of Navy on the top and Always Artichoke on the bottom.

I chose to trim the watercolor piece to 3.75 x 5 inches. I taped a couple of lengths of grosgrain ribbon in the AA and EE to the back of the watercolor. Brought them forward and held in place with double sided tape and trimmed the ends on an angle. This was adhered to an Eggplant layer leave a small border.  Then that was adhered to the Always Artichoke A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.