Saturday, June 3, 2023

Sylvia's Simple Shots

A morning walk around Beaumaris Lake.  

The babies are showing up.  There were goslings and ducklings.  Beautiful yellow fluffy beings.

The Japanese Anemone is a beautiful white perennial flower which was growing on this side of the fence.

The Common Grackles are back.  These beautiful birds with great colors.  Gorgeous blue head, wonderful color on the wings, and a bright yellow eye.

A flash of red in the trees.  Be patient and then getting a few shots capturing that wonderful color.

Ruddy Ducks are at the Lake.  I have not seen them here in years before. I just love that gorgeous blue bill. 

The Alberta Rose is starting to bloom.  These are the wonderful June flowers.  A simple elegant pink flower.  Soon there will be an abundance of them.

It was a great morning.


I started this series - The Angelic Letters Series - Pewter Angels by Henry K. Ripplinger.  My sister and I bought these books for Mom for Christmas 2021.  She was on book 4 when she passed in Jan 2023. My sister has finished the series and another sister is reading and then passing them on to me. Set in Saskatchewan Canada and written by a Canadian.

The main characters 15 year olds - Henry Pederson, Jenny Sarsky, and Mr. Engelmann are living in Regina Saskatchewan in 1956. 

Jenny has moved from BC into the house 3 doors down from Henry. Mr. Engelmann and his wife Anna owns the neighborhood grocery store on the corner.

Henry works at the grocery store during the summer holidays. He is smitten with Jenny when he meets her on July 6, 1956. They spend a wonderful summer.  Henry has deep conversations with Mr. Englemann on the crates out back of the store.  Henry starts making improvements to the store.  The customers notice. 

Suddenly, Jenny moves to Ottawa in late September. 

On my drive to Spruce Grove on Saturday I was struck by the number of vehicles that were none metallic grey (flat) with a clear coat on top.  They ran the spectrum of companies and models.  I found that unusual.  

When I got home I did some research.  The origin of this color is Audi.  Other companies have gotten on the band wagon and now offer a similar look under other names.

I also discovered that you can get a vinyl wrap applied to your car to give you this look if you are wanting a change.

We had a nice reception for the Seniors Show.  We had winners of prizes, a good number of interesting art on the walls, and folks mingling and talking process.

You can find the on line version by clicking on this link.  Allied Art Council Senior Show

There was a wide variety of techniques in this show from watercolor, acrylic, sculpture, mixed media, pencil and more.

There were goodies as well.

I enjoyed sharing with several of the artists who attended then later I had a good visit with two of my aunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.