Monday, December 2, 2019

Abstraction Show at the Gallery

I dropped off my pieces for the Abstraction Show to the Gallery this morning.

This is a 10x10 frame photograph. The image is of the edge of peeling paint on the piece of fencing I found on my walk this summer.  It has great texture and is a very close macro.  The rust below provides great contrast to the yellow paint.


Mounted in a beech wood frame with a black mat.

The photo was printed at 6x6 inches.

This is titled - The Golden Edge.





This one of my oil on water experiments.   The background is placed on the bottom layer, the water container is placed on a glass shelf above the table.  The container is filled with water and a bit of oil is added to the surface.  I move the around with a bamboo skewer. Different oils will give you different colors. It is shot from directly above the water with the lens at a 90 degree angle.  The background is located below the water container with enough distance that it becomes blurred.  The fact that it is seperate allows quick changes in the background as you shoot.

Framed 10x10 inches in a white wood frame.

A double matted with a black to pick up the lines and a blue to highlight the background.

Photo printed at 6x6 inches.

I loved how the bubbles had 2 equal sized ones and a baby one so I titled it The 3 of Us!  SOLD!

This is my third entry.  It is lights at the top of a tall standard.

I applied a filter to accent the edges which produced this kind of googly eyes image.

It is frame at 11x14 in a black matte metal frame.

It is matted with a double black mat.

The image is printed at 8x10 inches.

The title of this one is Kermit in Blue.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I really love The 3 of Us! The composition and design rule of 3s is lovely.....as well as the color. Congrats on being included in the show. I believe your pieces will show well. :-)
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/12/03/sweet-cherished-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - stunning entries. I believe your titles add something very special to each one. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.