Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Up Cycled Cards

A friend asked me to up cycle some commercial cards she received and meant something to her.

This is a sisters' Happy Birthday card.  It was a shaped card so I trimmed the folded edge then trimmed the blue to match the rest of the edges.

I chose a pink card in the half sheet size (5.5 x 8.5 inches) and added a strip of purple textured card stock.  I ripped both sides of the 2 inch strip.  It was adhered to the card front aligned to the left of center.

I then adhered the sisters layer with 3D foam tape aligned along the bottom of the card.

A custom insert was included with purple lettering.


This card is one of my designs which I turned into a wedding card.

I added a light blue card base leaving a small border of color.

I printed a custom insert in light blue lettering to match the card base.

The hearts are Stampin Up Sweet Heart punchies cut from non shed silver glitter. Mounted on a vellum circle.

I added a silver thread across the bottom tied around the embossed layer.





This card is a Christmas card for sending wishes across the miles.  She has received it from family in the Maritimes but next year she will no doubt be mailing back to Alberta with Christmas wishes. 

She is moving to be close to her son in Nova Scotia.

I love the little rabbit reaching to post his card in the mail box.

I trimmed the original card a bit and adhered it to the front of a red card to coordinate with the letters.

I added a custom insert in this card to go with the sentiment started on the front of the card.





This card spoke to me of the Maritimes.  It was in my stash so I up cycled it for my friend.

The gulls are waiting for lunch as the fishermen arrive from the sea with the boats loaded with fish.  Bound to be some tasty bits for them.

I chose a blue layer to place behind the trimmed card.

I chose a kraft colored card and added a narrow grosgrain ribbon across the top.  I then adhered the boat layer to the card front with double sided tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.