Tuesday, April 6, 2021

2021 Christmas Card Challenge - Refurbished Cards

With the power off most of the day I had to keep my hands busy.

I decided to refurbish some commercial Christmas cards.  Use the A2 size is a bit challenging because the commercial cards are so much bigger.  It means finding a focal element and trimming to keep in the center of the element.

Here I chose the star and Rejoice as the focus.  The width was not full so I added a strip of gold on the warm deep teal card base.  The focal element was adhered with 3D foam tape.

 

This snowman seems to enjoying the Christmas season.  

I chose a card base that matched the twig arms which is a warm taupe color.

I just trimmed the snowman to leave an even border all the way around.  It was adhered with 3D foam tape.




I trimmed the candles then trimmed the scripture verse so that I could overlap these elements.

I chose a warm blue green card base.  This is in the portrait or tall orientation.

The candles were adhered with double sided tape then the scripture was adhered with 3D foam tape.

 

 

 

A sleigh ride is always fun at Christmas time.

I chose a deep red card base.  Once again choosing the focal point of the sleigh and trimmed accordingly. 

Mounted with 3D foam tape leaving a tiny border.

 

I am imagining headed off the a Christmas Eve service by horse and sleigh.

I chose a lavender card base.

The focal element was adhered with 3D foam tape. 

Each card had a seasonal insert adhered inside and a new envelope was matched to it.

A few more cards for my Christmas Card box!

I had to make do with not electric tools today so a paper cutter and tape worked really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.