Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Seniors Week - June 7-13 2021 - Card Donations

I have put together a stack of cards for a local scrapbook store - Scrap and Bean who put out the word that they were accepting donations of cards for seniors. The cards will be distributed to Senior Care Homes in the area. Seniors Week is celebrated June 7-13, 2021.

Can you do something for a senior in your sphere of influence? There are several suggestions for safely celebrating this week.

These cards are upcycling a commercial card into a new life.  It was a large card and has been transformed into 3 cards. 

For the card on the left I trimmed an area of the card to leave a good border around it.  I then punched some slots with the Stampin Up Slot punch and tied a piece of warm blue seam binding between them.  This layer was adhered to a dark purple card base.  I added a SU Modern Label punchie and Word Window greeting in the top right hand corner adhered with 3D foam tape.



For this card and trimmed the card in the same way as above.  This time I wrapped a piece of gold metallic ribbon around the decorative layer and tied a knot and trimmed the ends.  I put together another greeting with the same tools as earlier.  I matched the Modern Label punch to the card color.  Again mounted with 3D foam tape.




This 3rd card I adhered the upcycled layer to the front of a navy blue card base.  I added a Stampin Up Decorative Label punchie greeting with 3D foam tape. 

I will collect from my sister the ones she made before I deliver them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.