Monday, April 12, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

We had an April snow storm on Saturday.

 It started about mid afternoon and  went into the late evening.

Heavy wet snow and you can see the wind was blowing pretty hard as well.

The sun on Sunday melted a lot of it but there was still some around this morning.

It will provide nice slow drink for the earth so that is a good thing.






Check out these beauties!  I found these at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago.   These were sold in Teavana stores.  A teapot and 4 cups and saucers. 

Teavana Yellow Bone China Tea Cups & Saucers - Noble Poppy with Gold Trim.  The set sold for over $100 which explains why I never purchased it.

I was thrilled to find these in perfect condition for under $10.  I have paired them with my French Cobalt Blue glass plates and gold tea spoons.  Perfect!



I have finally culled my frame collection down to what I need.  

I found this beauty during the process.  This was painted by my aunt many years ago.  

Beautiful watercolor and I have missed enjoying it because it was in a box and I did not even remember having it.

It has been framed and put up to be enjoyed.

 

 

Here's my latest choice for snacks.

Yummy yogurt with no sugar added and in just the right size!

Blueberry and Banana.

Perfect when I want a bit of sweetness after my meal.


 



I still make greeting cards and during a conversation with my sister we talked about these new embossing folders by Stampin Up. 

The one she wanted was on clearance so we should order right away or she may miss it.

I chose to purchase a couple of them for myself. 

Loving the 3D Painted Texture one.  I have already used it.

Will try out the scripty one tomorrow. I have too much cardmaking tools as it is but I broke down and bought a couple more.

The challenge at Flickr Macro Mondays this week was pairs.  Here I have photographed a pair of yellow earrings. They look maybe '50s or '60s style.  You can check out what I submitted on my Photostream (SMDPics)

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #126 and with 

Mersad who hosts Through my Lens #284.
 

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. The art is beautiful ...very pretty and serene. Love the sound of that sugar free yogurt! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful teaset that will pair well with your cobalt one. I hope this is the last snow before summer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - so happy for you that you found that teaset. It is amazing what you can find in thrift stores if you know what you are seeking! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.