Sunday, April 4, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

Spring is here!

The birds are pairing up, preparing nests and getting ready to have nestlings.  

I hope this pair selects this nest so I can observe them raising their family.

I can see it from my living room window.  

Here's hoping!







I finished this book on the weekend.  The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. I can always count on this author for a good read.

The Best of Me tells the story of Dawson and Amanda, two former high school sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they return to their small town for the funeral of a beloved friend.

They have both experienced challenges in life and now in their mid forties are asking the "what if" questions. 

I enjoyed the book and as usual there is a surprise ending! 

Easter spent home alone again this year!  This is getting old.  I get it as we are in our third wave of COVID pandemic and the numbers are rising like crazy due to the variants of concern.

I made corn flour pancakes with egg and cheese.  I treated myself to a Earl Grey tea - which I may be sorry for later.  It's early in the day.  I served it in a newest bone china tea cup by Teavana.

I was lucky to find 2 of the Noble Poppy Yellow Bone China Tea Cups at the thrift store on Tuesday.  Works really well with my French Cobalt blue dishware.

 



I have some new to me art for my walls.  This is a painting by my aunt.  You can find her art here.

She was clearing out some old paintings and put the word out.  This is the one I selected. 

It is hanging in my front hall.

I colored some eggs for Easter.  

I used Nick Bantock acrylic ink in Prussian Blue, Damson Purple and Chrome Yellow.  I filled small glass holders with color and placed the egg in it. I put a glass plated on top to keep them submerged.

I put them on a metal grid plate to dry.

I placed them on a small saucer to photograph them in my studio.

Flickr Macro Mondays' challenge was Trash this week.

This was a very interesting challenge.  In the photo on the left I have a pear sticker, onion skins and a lemon which I squeezed to make Lemon Vinaigrette.

You can check my Flickr photostream (SMDPics) to check out the shot I submitted.

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #125 and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #283.

7 comments:

  1. so lovely when birds nest in your garden and you can keep an eye on progress. Stay safe, enjoy your week, happy Easter, and thank you for visiting my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - I didn't get to know magpies until we moved West. I love the formal nature of the plumage, almost like a tuxedo. I do hope your pair nests close to you! I am sorry to hear that you are in the midst of a third wave of the pandemic - our numbers are declining ... Your egg colors are fabulous! Thank you for linking up to Mosaic Monday on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter
    I am at #11 on the linky today

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylvia :) Your breakfast looks yummy! I love the tea cup. I had a friend who had a collection of hundreds of teacups that she found in thrift stores...it was so nice to pick my cup every time I went over for tea or coffee, felt very sophisticated!! Your aunt's painting is lovely as are your eggs!!! I hope a pair of birds choose your nest! I had a pair of robins choose a nest near my kitchen window last year and it was so nice to see the babes hatching and growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small collection and allowing guests to choose is a good idea!

      Delete
  5. I love those pretty birds! They are pairing up here in Florida too. And I'll look for that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blue and yellow dishes complement each other so very well. I hope the birds nest so that you can observe them. Watching nature provides entertainment and solace during these hard times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.