Sunday, April 11, 2021

Exchange Cards

I have rejoined my greeting card exchange group after not participating last fall due to my health issues.

I used the 3D Painted Texture Embossing Folder from Stampin Up on a piece of mottled purple card stock.   Trimmed to 4.00 x 5.25 inches.

I punched half holes on both side about 2" up from the bottom and wrapped a piece of heavy yellow thread around the layer and knotted it to the front. Trimmed the ends.

I adhered that to a dark purple A2 card base in the portrait orientation.  

The focal element is chalked and cut with the Spellbinders Nestabilities - Small Deckled Rectangles thinlits.  I used Stampin Up chalks and a Qtip to apply the color.  The images are from the Stampin Up Blossoms Abound set.

 

I used the same card stock base and embossed layer on this card.

For the focal element I used the Stampin Up Blessed Easter Tulips.  Again, chalked with SU colors.

I used a piece of warm purple fiber to tie around the embossed layer.  

The half circles were punched with an 1/8" punch.  Trying very hard to only use half otherwise it looks a little funny.

The focal elements were adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

Loving the new embossing folder.

Using what I have - the Deckle Edge Rectangles I have seldom used and I am really liking this use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.