Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Cards - Thanks

Another few cards for Compassion House.

This is reusing a small thank you card. The words are silver foil.  

I just swiped a bit of watercolor in yellow across the words. Then I paired it with a deep yellow card.  

I added a yellow handmade paper flower in the top left hand corner held in place with a silver flower sequin and a silver tiny brad.

This layer was then adhered to the front of the card.


I reused a nature print I did a long time ago.  This is a maple leaf print using a variety of acrylic paints - brown, red, yellow and orange.  Once dry, I spritzed it with orange red watercolor.

I paired it with a warm red card base.  The nature print was adhered to the card front.

I added an oval color printed greeting in warm orange tones and punched out with the 2" oval.





A deep brown card with a designer paper layer of warm blue grey stripes. I wrapped a length of ivory grosgrain ribbon and tape the ends to the back. This was adhered to the card front.

I added the scallop circle greeting in ivory and warm blue grey.  The punches are all Stampin Up - scallop circle, 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 inch circles.  This was mounted with 3D foam tape.

I arranged the 3 hexagons and adhered with double sided tape.  Cut with the SB Hexagon Nestablities.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia. I've been looking at your posts and thinking how this senior (me) would love to receive any of them. Today I really love the yellow touches -- so cheerful. You do such lovely work. I'm going to try to send this as a comment but copy it and send as an email to you because I don't think my comments are going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sallie, Your comment got through! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Your cards are really pretty! They are sure to brighten someone's day.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.