Saturday, May 1, 2021

Sewing Project - Thread Catcher & Mini Pin Cushion

I made a thread catcher bag and a custom fit mini pin cushion for my grand niece.  She is a sewer and she is joining the tradition of the women of our family.  We all have sewing machines and make projects.  Mom and several of her girls quilt. Another makes wedding dresses. Some just do mending and the like.

I chose bright and punchy colors for this bag.  Multicolored plaid print in cotton and a bright green cotton twill for the liner.

You can check this post for the detailed instructions for the Thread Catcher Bag.

I used a scrap of the left over print fabric to make a mini pin cushion which lives at the machine. I placed a piece of cardboard in a piece of plastic packaging to ensure the pins don't damage the sewing machine.  I sewed a sleeve, turned it good side out, placed the card board, added batting to fill then sewed the ends of the elastic into the side seams. 

Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.