Monday, May 24, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

A visit to the St. Albert Botanic Park this week yielded more flower photos than I anticipated.

Here, I have captured one of the several colors of Pasque Flowers - Prairie Crocus blooming in the gardens.

They come in blues, purples, red, and white.  

Beautiful flowers!





During a trip to the country this week I also found a Greek Basil plant.  I have tried growing a plant since early March with no success.  I hope to be able to keep this one alive and harvest its leaves for cooking. It smells so good. I have it under my grow light for 8 hours a day.

My sister had an extra Greek Oregano plant so I asked for one of those. 

I have started using this gluten free flour for my pancakes, sauces, and other miscellaneous uses. 

After a much needed grocery shopping trip I made myself a trio of pancakes for breakfast on Saturday morning.

Served with a variety toppings with cream. 

Fruit syrup, fresh fruit and yummy chocolate hazelnut spread.


 

I use a book to keep organized and on track for my days out of the house.  I have been doing that for years.  I have always had coiled books which forces me into a chronological order.  I saw this small binder at the dollar store and decided to give it a try. 


 

 

 

 With 5 dividers I can organize the information. The pink for the trip checklist, the green for shopping list, the purple for the address I use often but don't know by heart.  That leaves a couple tabs for expansion as needed.

There is a space to store my store coupons, take out coupons and whatever else bits of paper I need.

It has a slot in the front for a business card.  I have a hole punch th right size to punch my own sheets once I have used the ones that came with it.

The elastic keeps everything well contained within the covers.

A convenient place for a pen.

It lives in this bag I made a while back.  Feel good about this project.

Look at the cutie I found recently.  This is a bunny which comes from some domestic rabbits that were released from their hutches years ago.

We have hares in our province but not wild rabbits. You can tell it is a rabbit by the dark eye, the shorter ears and smaller size.

Very cute.  I will visit regularly to track the progress of the family as the young ones grow up.

The challenge for Flickr Macro Monday this week is Buttons.  There is potential for a variety of  buttons from the sewing kind to the ones on electronic or mechanical devices.  This shot is the snap fastener on my rain jacket.  You can check out my Flickr Photo Stream (SMDPics) to see the shot I submitted this week. 

I am joining the Mosaic Monday #132 hosted my Angie and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #290.   Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have trouble growing basil, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! Seed, seedlings, large plants, I just can't keep basil growing big and lush like "everyone else" has. That's a nice little binder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I just don't have enough light but I was hoping the grow light would hedge my bets. We shall see.

      Delete
  2. Sylvia - interesting - yours is the second post this week that has a variety of Pasque flower. I love how they look when they are in seed stage - like a wild-haired man! Your dainty binder is a good idea -- I have a proper Franklin planner, but even in the 9x6 size it is too big to carry around. A local restaurant has a bunch of bunnies that frequent the front lawn - they are crosses between a wild rabbit and escaped hutch rabbits. Adorable! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.