Saturday, May 1, 2021

Christmas Card Challenge - Pencil Crayon on Kraft

I chose pencil crayons on kraft card stock for my challenge in May.  

I printed the main image from the Gentle Peace stamp set onto kraft card stock.  I then spent a pleasant evening coloring them with pencil crayons. Laurentian pencils I found the nicest to use.  I ran the black pencil along the edges to remove the lightest of the edge.

I chose a light blue card base to coordinate with the image as well as a strip of warm green to put behind the Holy Family image. 

I printed the sentiment onto kraft card stock, flagged the ends, ran a black pencil crayon along the edges and 

adhered it with 3D foam tape.

Adding a seasonal insert and an envelope and they are ready for the card box.


This next card I coordinated the card base with the edge of the frame of the stained glass window.  I chose a Pea Green textured card base.

I chose a warm brown strip of card stock to coordinate with Joseph's garment.

Both the main image and sentiment has black pencil crayon edges.

The sentiment is adhered with 3D foam tape.

This card has blue in the rays and a light mustard yellow in the window behind the family.

I chose a blue card base and a piece of coordinating card stock.  I added a bit of texture on the light piece with pencil crayon.

 


 

 

 

 

This card has a warm green card base onto which I rubbed gold pencil crayon to match the gold in the stained glass frame.  

I adhered the main image onto a layer of gold paper and trimmed around leaving a small border.

I cut the ends of the sentiment square this time.

I did a similar technique last year in March 2020.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.