Saturday, November 5, 2022

Car Coasters - Set 2

I wanted to improve on my first set of car coasters, you can see here

I made these bigger so finished they are 3.25 inches in diameter. 

I used heavy navy felt for the large circle.  

Then I added the half circle of royal blue felt. 

A length of royal blue grosgrain ribbon to fit in the notch and help me take them out for laundering.

I sewed all the way around with a zigzag stitch with blue thread.  This seam captured the bottom of the half circle and the ribbon.  Then I went across the top of the half circle to stabilize the center.

I decided to add some cotton (2 thin layers) to the bottom to improve how the coaster absorbs moisture. These were captured in the seams then I trimmed them to be smaller than the navy large circle.

I decided to add a bit of stitching to the ribbon.  I found some purple to pink yarn in my stash and split into 2 strands and added a shape on the ribbon.

This gives me a bright spot to see them at the bottom on the cup holder and an idea where there pull ribbon is.

They fill the cup holder much better. 

We shall see if they work well.  I will post after some use.

Here they are in the car.

The felt fully covers the bottom of the holder. 

The tabs fit in the notches.

Coordinate well with my blue water bottle in the car.

Happy with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.