Thursday, December 8, 2022

2022 Reunion Photo Booklet for Mom

Every time we have a big family reunion on Mom's side of the family I prepare a set of the semi formal photos taken during the event.

On recent reunions I have been the official family photographer so that works out well.

This year was no different.  This was the first one since the start of the COVID pandemic and the numbers were smaller than usual.

I had prepared the photos and ordered the prints in the 5x7 format.  I was not able to make the holder this year because my stuff is in storage.  Thankfully, my sister agreed to make the black 8.5 x 8.5 inch holder with the Zutter binding at the top.  Thanks Sis for helping out with this project. 


I quickly created this front cover showing my nieces trailer that Mom stayed in this summer while she was at reunion.  The canola field on the right looks a bit wonky but such is life.

I hand wrote all the documentation for the 12 photos in the folder.  With a 5x7 in landscape orientation I had a 2 inch strip of white card stock to write out the names of those in the photo.  

Mom & Dad's family had the most family members in attendance - I believe we were 20 people. Mom, her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Several of Mom's siblings have passed. We had family members from 8 of the 14 siblings. Some live out of province and travel is difficult. 

I created a bit of a label for the back page.




Some of the pages only had a couple of people in the photo.

Mom is the 3rd oldest of the original family and we are pretty committed to attend as long as we can.

Mom appreciates being able sit with the book and look at her people.  When I gave it to her on Friday she recognized every one and knew which of her siblings families they belonged to.

I hope it brings her comfort in the days to come to remember being there with her family and siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.