Monday, December 26, 2022

Small Gifts - Car Cup Holder Coasters - V2

I decided to make a few Car Cup Holder Coasters as Christmas gifts.

This time I chose to put a piece of cotton fabric on the bottom which will be better at absorbing moisture than the acrylic felt used in the original ones.

For this set I chose to make snowcapped mountains on a deep purple background. The purple felt is beautifully thick. Grey fleece for the mountains with white felt for the snow on top and bottom of the mountains.

I added a piece of grey cotton corduroy on the back side.  All outlined with straight stitch onto the background piece.

The sandwich was then cotton on the back, the grosgrain ribbon in between and the felt art design on the front.  The final circle to hold all these layers together was a tight zigzag stitch leaving a wide border. This allows the recipient to trim the 3 inch coaster to a bit smaller if their cup holders are on the smaller size.  I found on line that most vehicles have holders measuring 3" in diameter so that is what I went with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.