Saturday, December 10, 2022

Sylvia's Simple Shots

We are experiencing a cold snap this week in Alberta.

This picture was taken from inside and shows the steam from the heating of buildings across the alley just hanging in the air.

At least the sun is shining!


I had the Blue Screen of Death appear on my computer this week.   I was away for supper and when I got back after Jeopardy this is what was showing.

A reboot took place and all seems to be okay.  It had been a while since I did a back up so I started the process.  

I managed all the photographs and music files onto the 1 hard drive I had.

I then had to call in reinforcements for the My Documents folder. 

Fortunately, the speed on this device was excellent and the backing up went quickly so that I could get it done before I went out of town to see Mom.







This book was one I recently finished.  Halfway to Heaven by Susan Wiggs.  

This is story is set in the late 1880's and the main female character is Abigail Cabot who is an astronomer and yes that is an observatory on the cover of the book. Her father is in politics and she attends a gala at the White House where she hopes to impress a young man. While she has eyes on this man, another man Jamie Calhoun a young Senator, has his eyes on her. He hopes to influence her father on a business matter through her.  

I found that as they get to know each other he helps her to improve her social graces.  She ends up between being the go between her sister and the man of her dreams through the writing of letters of courtship. 

As they develop their relationship into a friendship Abigail and Jamie find love.  It was a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.