Monday, December 5, 2022

Sylvia's Simple Shots

The Second Sunday of Advent. 

The second candle is the Candle of Love.

God is LOVE!

The year has not turned out the way I planned.  I am grateful that getting together this year is safer.  

I look forward to seeing my friends which I have only been in touch with by phone, text and email.




Again, reading from the Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.

I will bless you. Abram leaves and takes his family to Canaan.  

You will be experienced as a blessing to the extent you have first experienced yourself as blessed. God is good and says I will bless you. Slow down, breathe, be to see the good.



Christmas decorating has commenced.  I am grateful that the box of Christmas decorations was not packed in the spring with the anticipation of moving.

I found the star wreath I put together last year.  I had hoped to change the decoration at the top but alas it will not happen this year.

This wreath hangs on the outside door where my neighbors can enjoy it.  We have quite a few in the building with Christmas decorations out.



The Secret Hour by Luanne Rice was finished this week.

A mystery story with parallels happening in the lives of the characters.

John O'Rourke lost his wife and now is juggling the care of his 2 children - eleven year old Maggie and fourteen year old Teddy. As a lawyer he is representing a man who is accused of killing several women in the area. The general consensus is that he his guilty and John catches grief, harassment, and threats because he is defending this man.
Kate Harris is dealing with the loss of her younger sister Willa, who just disappeared 6 months ago.  A recently found postcard has brought her to this small town from Washington DC. Her sister mailed the card from the inn on the edge of the ocean here. 

It was a good book with a twist at the end which brought the story full circle.

This is one of my favorite casserole dishes.  I received the dish for Christmas from my neice and it's just right size.

This recipe is Herb-baked Fish and Rice.

It is a quick supper when I am busy with crafts and don't want to spend a lot of time on cooking.

I just use whatever veggies I have on hand.  In this case it was cherry tomatoes and broccoli.  I add some lemon vinaigrette on the fish and coat with Parmesan cheese. Always brown rice.  Delicious.
My lastest version of a essential oil diffuser.  This one hangs on the rear view mirror of the car, on the Christmas Tree, or anywhere you want a bit of scent.

I am sure glad I bought these felt balls at my local craft store in October.  I went recently to see if I could purchase another and this Christmas the decor is pom pom garlands.  

I expect the trend will be something new next season so I just let go the idea of repeating this years concept and look forward to new things in the new year.

With my Sunrise Stained Glass Window packed away I decided to hang this bright snowman in the window instead.

He was with the Christmas box.  The sun was shining bright the day I took this photo and his nose glowed bright.

It is hanging in the dining room window where the east sun comes up so late at this time of year.

I am grateful that I can enjoy it for a little while in the mornings.


The gold geometric wreath has moved from the living room to the bedroom door to make room of the Wall Christmas Tree.

I just love this wreath so it hangs on the wall all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.