Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Eve

I planned Crustless Mini Quiches and Baked Potato Stacks for supper and a decadent hot chocolate for dessert.

I baked both of those in a 6 cup muffin tin which worked out really well.  

The 4 quiches were placed in the remaining wells. I used my silicone muffin liners for easy removal and clean up.

I added some halved cherry tomatoes, some biscuits I had made earlier this week and a bit of grated Parmesan Cheese. 

This was very yummy!


This is the potato stack which was baked in the muffin tin.

I sliced the potatoes on my mandolin set on thin. I added a bit of olive oil and seasoning.  Some Parmesan Cheese on top.

The slices were placed directly in the metal muffin tin wells.  I filled 2 of them because I had reserved 4 for the quiches. The total baking time was 45 minutes so they went into the oven earlier.





The hot chocolate was prepared in one of my beautiful vintage crystal mugs.

I made the hot chocolate with hot milk and hot chocolate powder and then added a bit of table cream.

I made whipped cream just before supper and added a couple of dollops on the top then grated some dark chocolate to finish it off.

It was very delicious! 


I turned on my wax warmer with the Cinnamon Vanilla scent.  My favorite.

I placed a small tea light on the end table beside me with the great hot chocolate.

I did have to turn off the Christmas tree because it was reflected directly onto the TV screen.

I turned out most of the lights and enjoyed a quite evening.

I have watched the Harry Potter Movies several times and I have the full set on DVD. 

I had watched Part 1 the night before and decided to settle down and watch Part 2 on New Year's Eve.

They are always a great watch.

I enjoyed parts I had not remembered from previous viewings.

A feel good story to start the new year. 






1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to welcome 2023.

    Happy New Year, Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.