Saturday, March 25, 2023

Sylvia's Simple Shots


This is a series I have been watching on Roku.  

It follows night sky photographers or astrophotographers from across the world as they photograph the stars, planets and other sky phenomenon.

Armed with hi-tech cameras, telescopes and camping equipment, these intrepid astrophotographers travel to the ends of the earth, braving the elements, extreme climates, and dangers both natural and man-made. They are determined to help all of us experience the magic of the night sky, gathering spectacular images of sparkling constellations, blazing comets, shadowy eclipses, and shooting stars. 

There was an episode which captured the solar eclipse in Indonesia where the photographer educated the people, provided glasses to residents so they could safely watch the event.

Beautiful content with educational component.

I finally found myself a new purse.  I had been carrying my old one in a reusable bag since the strap broke back in early February. 

This one was found at the thrift store but it was a brand new condition.  Wonderful soft leather for more than I was wanting to pay but it was definitely worth it. It was big enough with enough zippers to keep things secure.

I had looked at others in the last month where the store wanted around $20 for a visibly used purse so considering I had the cash I just bit the bullet and took it home. Very happy with this purchase.

I had been looking for a funnel with a large opening so I could transfer my ground flaxseed from the blender to my storage jar each week.

I buy whole flax seed because it lasts longer than buying it already ground.  It deteriorates fast once ground.

I freeze the bags of whole seeds which allows me to buy it on sale and have a supply on hand for several months ahead.

Works well.


Another great book by Josephine Cox - Cradle of Thorns.

Nell Reese lost her mother early and her father's guilt about his wife has kept him cowed for years. They live with his sister who rules their world.  She is manipulative, abusive, and just mean spirited.

Nell has maintained her spirit and sense of self these many years living under these circumstances. Her father facilitates her escape from this tyranny now that she is expecting his grandchild.

Nell meets Kit along her travels, a ten year old orphan who has lived on the streets all his life. She takes him under her wing when she does not have much.  As the delivery grows near Nell depends on Kit and he rises to the occasion on the day of the delivery.

She returns to her father and the man she has been in love with for years. The obstacles to their union have been cleard and she now can live in peace with her new husband, baby girl and of course, Kit.

I have been released by the physiotherapist once the results of my MRI were discussed.

I have made excellent progress and I now have to move forward with the exercises assigned into my new life of mobility and health.

This is leg lifts with movements to the front, side and back with an elastic band.  It is a progression from my side lifts before.  It gives me options for a bit a variety in my routine.








This is a new balance exercise - Standing on one foot I move a ball from hand to hand

It is amazing how it changes things just to involve my hands.

I will use my massage ball.











I have been doing step ups since visit 4 but I had not documented them before so I have added them here.

I have a small stool that I use which is just high enough for me to maintain proper form when doing these.

I do have my areobics step which I can graduate to once I get stronger.  It has 2 more adjustments I can make to taller than the stool.

I am sure that will work out well






I visited my sister for Fish Fry on Friday supper meal. On Saturday we worked on a sewing project of a casserole carrier we designed and sewed together. Keep an eye out for that project in the next few days.

I delivered the quilting fabric I picked up at the ReUse Ctr and the cotton fabric donated at quilting to my sister.  

We had a brain storming session about this beautiful linen fabric I got from the ReUse Ctr a while back and it will become a table runner.  I will use the embroidery part with maybe a strip of navy in the center. We separated the embroidery from the rest and thought we might dye the remainder denim blue but after reading the instructions more carefully it suggested fixative as well so we headed to the city to pick that up since my regular store in my city did not have it in stock.  She has a sink in the basement which we can use without danger of dyeing something precious.  This project will have to wait.  


I was visiting one sister when the other returned from her trip to Belize. 

We had a really good catch up visit with her and her husband.

Great meals and sharing.

With Mom and Dad both gone we have to make new routines to ensure we stay connected.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.