Saturday, March 11, 2023

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I found another piece of Robert Held Art Glass at the thrift store the other day for under $2.

It is a candle holder with a pulled feather design in the base with blues, greens and purples.

I have placed a tealight on top as I don't have taper candles.

I just love this art glass and it is a good thing I don't live close to his studio in British Columbia.  I do follow him on Instagram @robertheldartglass so I look forward to seeing his new stuff as it comes out.

I have found the pieces I have in thrift stores.  I have a heart and a small vase in my collection.

It is signed on the bottom as usual.





We continue to add to my list of exercises to rehab my right knee and loosen my mid back.  I noticed yesterday after about 3 hours of sewing that it was very tight so I did my stretches before going to bed.

My knee is doing well and I added step ups last week and I am starting to use the stairs again.  It goes better going up than down.

It will come.

I have an MRI on it next week so we will see what it looks like on the inside there.




It's been cold again this week. Everyday the low's are in the -18C to -20C without the wind chill.

I had to take the bus to medical appts this week very early in the morning so it was cold!

On Wednesday the wind was very strong and standing waiting for a bus is no fun.





Two days of heart tests this week.   This is an investigation of a period of dizziness in January.  It cleared up once the tension in back was released so I don't expect anything significant coming out of these tests.  Interesting what life sends my way.

I bought a tiny bottle with a drip lid so I can carry essential oil in my car.  I chose the bergamot grapefruit combo for this time around.

Essential oils should not freeze so I can leave it in the car.

It was a hassle to bring the diffuser up, then remember to add drops just before I was headed out, then hang it back on the rear view mirror.  

Now I can do it whenever I feel the need.


I hosted lunch for 2 of my aunts after our visit to Muttart Conservatory on Friday.  My first time back since the pandemic.  I will include my pics in a separate post.

We had a great time and with time after for a good visit.

I made yellow split pea soup and whole wheat tea biscuits with yogurt with blueberries for dessert.

I soaked the peas overnight so I could cook the soup that morning.  Once the soup was simmering I made the biscuits.  They turned out well this time because I left the dough thick enough.  I usually roll them out too thin.



I have a basket of ReUsable Bags ready to donate to GrammaLink  Africa fundraiser later this year.

I made 17 bags since February 4th.  It was a learning experience and I am happy with the results. I kept one for myself so 16 are being donated.

Most of them are microfiber so they will last a long time.

I hope it puts a few dollars into the hands of grandmothers in Africa who stepped up to care for their grandchildren when the parents died of AIDS.

Feels good to give back.

I did visit the Muttart Conservatory this week with 2 of my aunts (my Mom's sisters).

I bought a yearly membership which will allow me to go anytime I want and also visit the Zoo regularly.

The spring flowers were all in bloom in the feature pyramid.

I chose the Amaryllis because it reminds me of my Mom who I miss every day.  She was such a great lady.

This is the variety Minerva and it so reminds me of Christmas.  They can appear on seasonal greeting cards.  Classic combination of red, green and white.

Looking forward to more visits once life settles a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.