Thursday, July 20, 2023

Set of Cards

I made a set of cards with one single sheet of designer paper.  The design is by graphic45 - Couture Collection - Gorgeous - I agree it is a beautiful floral paper. Rich colors and a dramatic black background.  This paper measures 12x12 inches. Cutting 4 inch strips I ended up with 6 pieces for A2 cards. With the direction of the design all the cards were created in the portrait orientation.

Next I selected card bases for these cards.  With the colors in the paper there was lots to choose from.  Finally, I chose Old Olive, Lost Lagoon, and Dusty Durango.

For card 1 I cut the layer down from the top and flipped the piece to show off the blue striped backside. I then added a strip of orange card stock across the split.

I added a Decorative Label greeting mounted with 3D foam tape. A white quarter sheet insert finished the card.

For card 2 I did the same layout but put the stripes on the bottom this time.  I laid a length of So Saffron ribbon across the split.

The base this time is Lost Lagoon.

I layered silk flowers in warm tones and a small gold sequin onto a tiny black brad to create the floral accent which I mounted on the bottom left hand side.  The brad was pushed through the designer paper keeping all layers together.

This layer was then adhered to the card front with double sided tape.

A white quarter sheet insert was added.
This is card 3.

Here I split the layer top to bottom instead of side to side. Once split I flipped the small piece and taped back the designer paper so I could handle it as a full piece.

I added a length of Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon over the split and taped the ends to the back.

I added a Dusty Durango butterfly accent on the bottom right side.  The butterfly was cut with the Sizzix Winged Beauties thin dies.  I used my steel plate to ensure all the tiny spaces were well cut. I wrapped black thread around the body of the butterfly and left the ends to be the antennae.  Adhered with double sided tape.

Quarter sheet insert completed the card.


Card 4 has an Old Olive card base.  

The designer paper was left at 4.00 x 5.25 inches.  

I wrapped a length of Baja Breeze ribbon across the middle and taped the ends to the back.  

I added a Artisan Label greeting with black letters which was adhered with 3 D foam tape over top of the ribbon on the right hand side.

A quarter sheet white insert completed the card.





Card 5 is similar to card three.

This time the ribbon is So Saffron which is wrapped over the designer paper top to the bottom with the ends taped to the back of the layer.

I added some Candy Dots to the left of the ribbon in pink tones to coordinate with the large flower near the bottom of the card.

A white quarter sheet insert on the inside.






Card 6 repeats the lay out of the DSP split with the striped paper on the bottom.  

A length of wide Tango Tangerine ribbon across the split with ends taped to the back.

I found 2 tiny turquoise blue buttons in my stash.  They are adhered to the ribbon with Bling Zots.

A white insert on the inside.

This makes a nice set of card with enough variety to be interesting.  Versatile in that some have greetings and others are left blank to used for any occasion.

Happy with this set which will given as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.