Friday, July 12, 2013

Card - Sunburst

I've been wanting to make a Sunburst / Sunray card but I was at a bit of a loss has to how to proceed.  Math is not my strength. After looking at a lot of cards on line, I finally found this tutorial by Frances which was exactly what I was looking for. This method allows you to put your focal point any where you want.
To make an A2 card I cut 6 pieces of designer paper into pieces measuring 4.5"x1.5".  This piece is then cut diagonally corner to corner.   Once done I had 12 triangle pieces. I cut a piece of white card stock to 4"x5.25".  I marked my focal point. Start with the center one then lay out the rest before you start to glue.  Glue each one right next to the other and they will go over the edges and corners of the rectangle.  I chose to stop at the 2/3 point. Turn the piece over and trim the designer paper to the edge of the card stock.  I cut a strip of card stock same as the card which I embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I glued it over the focal point and trimmed the right and left edges to the rectangle. This layer was trimmed a little to allow for a golden yellow layer then added to a blue card.  I stamped the greeting with Stampin Up! Sincere Salutations in blue ink.  I added a blue button with yellow thread tied to it with a Zot to the focal point over the blue strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.