Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cool Tools - Mono Printing

My sister and I worked on mono printing on the weekend.  I was inspired by the Gelli Plate buzz on the internet.  My first challenge was finding an economical substitute for the the plate.  I found the pink silicone place mat at a discount store.  My sister bought a large non stick mat made for candy making. Our costs were in the $6 range. We set up our tables, spread out the necessary plastic sheet on our work surface, then placed our silicone mats.  The tools we selected were: a rubber brayer, foam brushes, stencils (fun foam and plastic), letterpress plates, embossing folders, texture makers (foam drawer liner, foam shapes, sequin hole ribbon, rubber texture tools) spritz bottles and rags, water and sink for clean up.  We choose clear and colored glaze was our medium.  I added some re-inker to create paper in colors I could match later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.