Thursday, July 26, 2018

Birthday Cards - Trio Squares

I made a couple of birthday cards.

I chose designer paper by Blue Fern Studios - Paisley and Vine - Bohemian.  Love the rich colors in this paper.  I punched 3 large squares from the designer paper with my Creative Memories Double Square Punch.

I cut a strip of deep teal green card stock and adhered it to the deep red card base on the left hand side. 

I adhered the squares along the teal strip with 3D foam tape. 

I added the strip banner greeting in deep red.  I adhered it aligned on the left edge with the bottom square and cut the flag end by hand with scissors.  I have added a piece of 3D foam tape at the end of the banner greeting.

As you can see the card layout can be modified to the landscape (wide) or the portrait (tall) orientation. 

On this second card, I placed the greeting on the teal card stock strip and added a teal mini brad on the left hand side.

I added a piece of chocolate grosgrain ribbon under the 3 punched squares.  The ends are taped to the inside of the card.

I added a blank insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.