Monday, July 30, 2018

Recent Pics

I took this photo yesterday morning.

As I was driving the sky was blue, pink and yellow but about 5 minutes later the colors are gone and I got the yellow shot.

I love the pronounced circle of the sun.

It was very early in the morning and the coolness was very much appreciated.

I was off to water my row of flowers as well as friend's garden and flower pots.



This is the first summer I cannot pick raspberries at Mom's since they moved to senior housing last August.  I really want to have enough for Raspberry Bavarian.  I got enough I am sure.  Will be making that this week.

Watering the plants was nice when doing it in the early morning.

Love the water drops on rose leaves.


I have read a couple of books recently.

The one on the left I think is the first for Maeve Binchy.  It was a wonderful story about a girl from England who is sent to Ireland during the war.  She lived with a family known by her mother for 5 years.  The Irish girl became her best friend.

Interesting relationships in this book.

The Last Lecture is a touching true story by the author who wrote a last lecture for his children.

This book holds many truths and lessons to live a great life.

Very insightful thoughts and very much appreciated.

Sharing with Mosaic Monday #94 hosted by Maggie at Normandy Life.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful nature captures, love the raindrops on the leaf. Light a Penny Candle was the first Maeve Binchy novel that I read and I think I've read every other one that she wrote since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marveled at the beautiful cards in this post and the two above it -- I like that you usually leave them blank -- that is the kind of card I most like to get and give. I envy you just starting on Maeve Binchy, you have many wonderful reads ahead of you. I loved her books and was so sorry when she passed away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.