Sunday, July 29, 2018

Tea House Visit

I recently visited the Tea House in a couple of towns away from where I live.  I was out of town and it was near by.  It is only open on the weekends and likely managed by volunteers. It is housed in a summer cabin which was built in 1922.  It was moved to this site in 2000 and opened as a tea house in 2003.


Here's the baker's rack that houses all the china tea cups and you get to choose the one you would like to use.  I selected a roses and yellow pennant one by Paragon. 
Based on this mark it was likley made in the early 1920's.

I selected Earl Grey tea which was served in as small tea pot.







I ordered Hamburger Soup and the Raspberry Rhubarb Crisp which was served once I finished my soup. The hamburger soup was home made and very good.  I was able to just relax and enjoy my meal as the lunch rush was over and there were just a few of us in the tea house.





I managed 3 cups fulls of tea from the teapot which hit the spot.  I loved the scalloped shape of the bowl of the tea cup.  The roses had a black background but it was not overpowering.  The yellow triangle pattern in between was very charming. 

You can see the subtle pattern in the china itself in this saucer as well.
Dessert was again homemade.  I was not expecting the ice cream but it was excellent with the Raspberry sauce on top. 

It was an overall excellent experience and I will be back.

Check out the Pioneer Tea House if you are in Stony Plain.

Sharing with Share Your Cup #300 hosted by Jann at Daily Cup Mrs. Olson.

4 comments:

  1. What a charming Tea House! The tasty food is making me hungry. I liked how you were able to choose your own teacup. I love the unique Paragon set that you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a marvelous experience, Sylvia! I love all the photos.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.