Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Cardmaking - CH - Class 3

Style 3 - I started with this decorative card stock featuring a colorful tree of peacock feathers with birds.  The dark areas are gold foil. It was cut to 3 3/8 inches with a Sizzix square thin-lit.

I chose a turquoise layer of card stock cut to 3 5/8 inches to highlight some of the colors in the tree.

The next layer is a gold moire texture decorative paper which has been cut to 5.25 x 4 inches. 

I chose a purple card base to coordinate with another color in the tree.

The greeting is a Stampin Up Decorative Label in the same color as the card base.  I added a SU Word Window punchie in warm white card stock with coordinating color.   These are adhered together then it is adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.


Style 7 - I started with designer paper from the My Mind`s Eye - Holiday Avenue - Sweet Dreams Glittered Holiday Paper pad. It was cut to 5.25 x 4 inches with the embossing placed on the left hand side. 

The star element was created with a star die cut and a gold star circle. The die cut was cut from ivory pearl card stock with the Sizzix Star original die.  The gold star circle was attached to the star with 2 tiny gold brads.  The element was adhered to the card front with ds tape.

Style 2 - I started with clear embossed double sided designer paper from Imaginisce.

I cut the designer paper at a logical line to ensure I did not cut through a strip of the design.  I turned the top over to reveal the green polka dot pattern. These were taped back together.

I added gold foil ribbon across the join and the ends were taped to the back. 

I added an accent of silk flowers.  White and red poinsettias were layered together with a gold sequin onto a gold mini brad.  Using a push pin I created a hole in the designer layer. I pushed the prongs through and spread them apart on the back holding the poinsettia accent in place.

I then adhered the layer to the front of a cranberry card base. 

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - I have never seen a peacock tree like that on a card - stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.