Monday, November 5, 2018

Mosaic Monday - Recently

Bound by Rachel Hazell arrived today!  It is a book on book making and I am very excited to read it cover to cover then provide a review and make some of the projects in it.

Keep an eye out here on my blog for further posts of projects.

I have dabbled in book making but this book provides detailed instruction based on a quick perusal of it.

I love the handmade decorative paper she has created for the book covers.   If you follow this blog you will know that I love to make my own decorative paper.


I finished my second Kate Morton book today.  A friend gave me this book a month ago knowing how much I had loved The Forgotten Garden I read this summer.  I read The Lake House amidst preparing for a large craft sale which ran the few days so my full attention was not on my reading.  Fortunately, I own the book so I will be able to read it again in the new year when I have more time.

Again, this story runs in 2 time periods the 1930's and the 2000's and involves a beautiful property in Cornwall England.  A young boy disappears and at the time the mystery is not solved as not many clues are found.

A detective in London is given an opportunity to take up the solving of the mystery.  Fortunately, one of the key persons at the Lake House in the 30's is still living but it will take her cooperation to get to the bottom of it.

It has a great ending!

I am working my way through this journal from one of my favorite authors Ann Voskamp.

I have read the book this is based on "The Broken Way".  It did not resonate with me as much as her earlier book 1000 Gifts did.

I am always interested in seeing things from a different perspective and working on my self improvement.


The sale on the weekend was successful in raising a good some of money for missionaries over seas.

It helps a lot when most of the items being sold have been donated so the funds are pure profit.   I purchased a set of wooden coasters from one of the other tables.  They will be useful in my photography.

I purchased some glass beads from a lady at another table. 

They have 925 imprinted on them which implies sterling silver cores.

I thought I got a great deal but it turns out I paid the going rate for them.  I bought them because I liked them and they will be a great addition to my macro photography so everyone is a winner.

I love the scissors charm as I have added sewing to my balliwick of skills this summer.

I did sell several sewing projects so I am very happy about that.





Joining Mosaic Monday #1 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.  She is the new hostess for the photo linky.  The hours are better now so I may be able to participate regularly again.

6 comments:

  1. Sylvia - I am pleased that the new MM hours work better for you. I really enjoy the combination of craft and Christian themes that you include in your posts - it resonates with me. I will add your book recommendations to my growing list. I usually go to the library with a list of 5 or 6 books that have been recommended by fellow bloggers - I can usually find one in stock! Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this Post. Happy MosaicMonday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the books sound interesting. I love the mysteries, I will check out The Lake House. The glass beads are pretty and I like the charm. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I would highly recommend Kate Morton as an author. Sylvia D.

      Delete
  4. Love the beads. I have never beaded but my Mother did and made some wonderful pieces
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many good books out there - just not enough time for reading! I'm reading The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton just now. The beads you bought are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.