Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Donations to a Fundraiser

I prepared a couple of photos to donate as prizes at a fundraiser being held this weekend.

The 8x10 inch frame is metal in a gun metal gray color.  It has very angled edges.

I chose a black mat 8x10 mat with an 5x8 inch opening. It is archival but in a size I would not likely use for the gallery.

The photo is a black and white photo 8x8 inches of chess pieces I took a couple of years ago for Flickr Macro Mondays. It fit perfectly in this frame.

I placed the pawn and shortest piece in the front then aligned the knight in the middle ground and the queen in the background.  I was just making an appealing presentation of the shapes of the pieces.  I have since learned a bit of how chess is played from my grand nephew.
This frame is a warm white color.  It is plastic in an 8x10 inch with a very narrow profile.  It was very easy to assemble the sandwich to insert in the frame.  Very well designed.

I paired it with a shot of The Wilson`s Snipe I took at the wetlands when I first got my zoom.

An oval mat is not likely something I would use for the gallery and it is archival as well.

The photo is an 8x8 inch which I printed a while back.  The color of the frame works really well with the colors in the feather of the bird.









I put together a gift pack of 10 A7 5x7 photo cards as well as a prize at this fundraiser.  I have decided to go back to making A2 cards as those are more efficient in materials and time.

I hope the folks that receive these will enjoy them in their world whatever that may be.

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - I admire your generosity, not only in terms of the materials, but more so with respect to your thoughtfulness in putting them together. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.