Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sewing - Coin Purse

I had a squeeze coin purse which has worked well but the other day the squeezer broke!  I thought it would be easy to replace but after visiting a few retailers no such luck to find a similar coin purse.

Well, I guess I will have to make my own. 

I measured the pocket in my purse that the coins live.  I proceeded to draw out a pattern. 

The coin purse will open like a box with the coins sitting on the bottom.  I placed a piece of stiffener in the bottom where the weight of the coins will rest. 

I chose two 6x6 pieces of fabric, cut the fabric according to the pattern, turned it inside out and ironed it. I stitched up the corners by hand.  I added 2 snaps - one on each corner of the top flap.

One of the advantages I can easily see what change I have easily with it is open.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.