Monday, September 2, 2019

Recent Photos

A large maple leaf with beautiful color in yellow and reds.

I have to say that I think it is too soon to see leaves on the ground.

We had a very wet summer with lots of cloud and overcast weather so it did not feel hot enough.













I finished another Maeve Binchy book this week.  The first part of the book was quite slow but then it picked and ended really well. I love her books and Ireland as the background. Several young people were the main characters during 3 periods of their lives.


I received this Cup Cozy from a friend who was away on vacation in August.

I love the color and the purpose.  I was hoping that the button was functional but then was reminded that it was meant for take out cups of tea or coffee.

I have placed it on my Bodin double walled glass.












I spent a day with my sister in Camrose. We did the 8 venues of the Art Walk.  The quilt in the top left corner was amazing.Loved the pottery mugs at the Art Gallery were really nice.
We brought a picnic lunch and ate at Mirror Lake.
We saw a lot of great art, visited several thrift shops, book store, and a couple museums.  She prefers to have experiences rather than physical gifts so this was her Christmas gift from me.
I bought this 90+ year old Westclox Big Ben De Luxe 2 Alarm clock at one of the thrift stores.

It was released in 1928 at a retail cost of $3.75. It has a beautiful crackle finish in an Old Rose color and gold.  

It does not work and rattles when picked up. It looks really good and will work really well as a photography prop. 

I photographed it in front of my reclaimed wood photography background.

The background is wood I saved from the landfill. I managed to get all the nails and screws out of the pieces.  I scrubbed all the dust and dirt off the pieces without losing the patina.  I have about 12 pieces that I can set up as I want - nice flexible system.

Flickr Macro Monday challenge this week was - Pasta.  Check out my photo stream to see what image I submitted.

Joining Mosaic Monday #43 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.

Thorough My Lens #206 hosted by Mersad.

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - I agree with you that it is too soon for leaves to be changing color and falling! Although I did change up some of my interior decorations to autumn colors … Your visit to Camrose with your sister sounds like something I would love. Great clock - together with your reclaimed wood, you have an ideal photo setting. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.