Thursday, April 25, 2024

"My Bag" Tag Process

I have been thinking about this idea for a while.  I have made many bags in the last few years. Several for myself, others for gifts, still others to donate to good causes. Some are for shopping, some for carrying books, and the latest for wine bottles. They are well finished, made to last, functional and look nice. 

I would like for those who use my bags to think of them as their own special bag.  It protects their stuff, makes carrying stuff easier, it is unique and easily recognizable at a social event when it is time to head home. 

After some brainstorming, I decided to attempt making tags for the bags I make.  I still have a supply of shrink plastic from card making days.  That should work.  Well this has been a process. 

My first ones were "tiny".  After I had the size down and asked for feedback. It was suggested they have round corners, be sewn with white thread to match the plastic better, should have 4 holes and maybe the edge of the bag would be better. The last photo is the model I am going with. I will put them on all my bags in stock and going forward.



I made a paper tag to explain my intention with the the making of the bag and how I hope they will use them.

A pretty shopping bag that you don't forget in the car when you go grocery shopping.  

Using a wine bottle bag at your next get together making bring a bottle easier and remember its your bag so bring it home.

A book bag to protect your book when you commute to work, take a trip, or take it to the park to enjoy the sunshine.

A book to hold your organizer/planner/daytimer and those essential things you need when you are out and about. 

A project bag to hold the pieces of your latest craft project. 

A lunch bag to bring your meal at work, at a sporting event, or at the park.

I am sure there will be different bags in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.