Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Sewing Project - Wine Bottle Bag - Beau Chateau

This fabric was designed and sold through Stampin Up years ago.  This design is called Beau Chateau and the colors are Very Vanilla and Marina Mist.

This time I decided my accent ahead of time. I dug through my Stampin Up card making supplies and found some scallop edge ribbon in Maria Mist.  The wide grosgrain ribbon is ivory and was in my stash.

I laid the narrow blue ribbon on top of the ivory and ran a line of wavy decorative stitching across the width of the fabric with ivory thread.  This was my first line of stitching to quilt the flannel to the outer fabric. Then added 2 more lines of the same stitch above the ribbon running width wise.  I then ran 4 lines of the same stitching vertically going from the ivory ribbon to the base of the fabric. With that I had quilted the outer fabric.

I chose a thin ivory polyester fabric for the lining of this bag. Had to take it easy with the hot iron.

While the slit was still open in the lining I added the white button.  I tried to find a blue one that would match with no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.