Saturday, April 20, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 016 - Planet Earth

This piece of slow stitching for the challenge Kathryn is hosting on K3NClothTales.  The prompt for week 16 was Planet Earth.  Our home in the cosmos and the Blue Dot in the vastness of space.

I learned that the earth is approximately 1/3 land and 2/3 water hence the proportions of my colors patches this week.  

For the land I chose earth colors in brown, oranges, yellows and the fabric scraps are aligned vertically.  

For the bottom I chose blue for water and the pieces run horizontally.

I placed a line of green thread where these meet because generally on earth there is green near the water line.

I chose a simple running stitch going horizontally. This pieces was a little rushed with life happening here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.