Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 014 - Layers and the Moon

Week 14 of the Slow Stitching challenge with K3N Cloth Tales.

The prompt was layers and the moon with the lunar eclipse coming soon. It was geared to experiencing stitching through several layers of fabric and how the stitching starts giving it structure and weight.

I chose an owl for my animal.  I started with a 4.25" square of deep purple linen, then a striped layer for horizon line, then my yellow full moon and topped with  my Owl. This is a smaller version of this one I created for Inktober.

I stitched the horizon layer to the linen in several lines of stitching. Then I stitched the moon with running stitch in circles, then I stitched my Owl on with black thread. I added yellow accents with felt eyes, beak and feet. I used the stem stitch for the branch is sitting on in brown thread. I added stars to the night sky and voila another square done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.