Monday, April 29, 2024

Sewing Project - Wine Bottle Bag - Celery and Red

I cleaned up this morning after this frenzy of sewing.

I found this celery textured fabric that I had set aside a while back and forgot about.  It had all its elements so I just decided to make it up. 

I will be keeping a few of these for the Christmas Market and the others will go to Grandma Africa merchandise sale in June.

I found this scrap of red patterned fabric which worked well.  There was just enough for 2 stripes so I just crossed them.

This fabric is not cotton and a bit tricksy.  It is heavier than the cotton I have been using so I skipped the flannel but added a thin layer of poly cotton to stabilize it and keep it square. 

The lining is a pale yellow polycotton fabric. The thread was a pretty good match to the celery color.

I did add a small square of flannel in the very bottom which I sewed between the layers and sewed to the lining bottom.  Just some cushion for a glass bottle as it is placed on a hard surface.

The button was a great match.  I am very grateful for things to be falling into place for all of these sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.