Friday, April 12, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 015 - Eclipse and Stacking Running Stitch

This is my piece for week 15 of Kathryn's Slow Stitch challenge on K3N Cloth Tales

With the solar eclipse that took place on April 8th this was a great idea.  The technique was stacked running stitches which was used to create the rays of the sun. 

I chose a dark blue fabric which I had to patch to make big enough. I added a yellow layer between the blue and the white. I made my moon black.

I invisible stitched around the edges of the circles to start with.

I covered the moon with seed stitching. 

I had the same problem with my yellow layer so I added some stitches on it to have it lay flatter.

I added a running stitch in black to tack down the edges of the dark blue layer to the white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.