Saturday, March 14, 2020

Juried Show Submissions - Postponed

We were to have deliver our pieces for the Juried Member Show today to see which pieces would go into the show but the COVID-19 pandemic has interrupted our plans.  The building has been closed for 3 days and the show is currently postponed. We will learn more on Tuesday.

My first piece was taken last March on my morning walk in the river valley. 

It is features a very moody atmosphere.

It leaves one wondering. What lies ahead? Where does that faint staircase on the right lead to?  Kind of symbolic for the current health crisis in our world.

Title:  "Foggy Morning"

Size: 15 x 12 inches


This is another result from my oil on water photography.

I decided to take advantage of the color separation between blue and green.  I lightened the bubble in the top right hand corner to create a "Moon".  Another moody photo which creates an interesting landscape.

Title: "Moon Rising"

Size: 14 x 14 inches









I took this photo earlier this year at the Antique Market.  This sculpture was quite small measuring around 6 inches tall.  I don't really know what the circular structure is but it was being held by a monkey above his head.  I decided the wood circle was the best feature so that is what I made the focus.  I placed it on the floor so that I would have the natural wood boards as a background. 

Worked out really well.

Title: Wooden Sculpture

Size: 14 x 12 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.