Monday, March 16, 2020

Recent Photos

Washing your hands is important in this day of the COVID 19 Pandemic. Wash your hands video

Dr. Oz did a great break down on his show the other day to explain how doctors wash their hands and why each step is important. I could not find that one so I have included another.




The impact of the corona virus on my social calendar.

Saturday - Juried Art show postponed
Sunday - Church cancelled
Monday - Quilting cancelled
Tuesday - Cardmaking at Compassion House cancelled
Thursday - Welcome to My Kitchen Fellowship cancelled

I will be quilting this week on my Viking sewing machine but soon it will be different.

I got the news today that my new to me Bernina Record 830 machine is working perfectly.  It will be delivered when I have cleared a space for it in the bedroom.
This is my second book by this author.  Bellewether by Susanna Kearsley. The story is situated on Long Island in the 1700's.  Two French soldiers are billeted at the home of Zeb Wilde who has a farm near Snug Cove.  He has several sons and one daughter Lydia.  William the oldest runs a business in New York City and owns several ships. Benjamin who is younger wants to be a sea.  Eventually, he becomes the Captain of the Bellewether owned by his brother.

The one officer, Lieutenant Jean-Phillipe de Sabran only speaks French as he is a Canadian officer.  To keep himself occupied he eventually participates in farm life. 

In the modern period, Charlotte “Charley” Van Hoek has come to work as a curator for the Wilde house whose family has a storied history reflecting the life and times of that colonial period.

It is very well written, the characters complex, and true history is woven with fiction to create a great story.  Loved it.

My grand niece was in a band competition this week so I went to listen and support her in this pursuit.  She is one of over 40 members. They traveled by bus and had an overnight stay which is exciting as a teenager. They played 3 pieces of music. 

She had a fan section of her mom, her grandparents and me.  This was not a public performance but we wanted her to know we see what is important to her.

The event was very well organized as they moved kids in and out of the hall. 

Sharing with Mosaic Monday #71 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book yet and that is one of my favorite authors. I'm so thankful for good books and crafts and sewing! Take care and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - unfortunately, I think all of us are experiencing the same social impact from the virus. It is especially hard on my husband, who is a very social animal! Us ladies who craft always have plenty of projects to keep us busy! Lovely mosaic with the instruments! Stay well and thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen Colbert had Dr. Gupta from CNN as guest the other night. The doctor gave a good demonstration, too, about washing hands. I now pay attention to my thumbs. I'm doing my best to not panic in light of cancellations and recommendations of staying home. Best wishes to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything here is canceled until the first of May. That seems so very far away but a small price to pay for staying healthy.
    peace
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.