Monday, March 9, 2020

Recent Photos

I treated myself to a new tea cup last week.  Sunflowers are my favorite and this cup has a scalloped edge which was great.

The mark says Sixth Kiln Royal Collection but there is not much on line to document it.  The trademark was registered in Australia in 2011 and lapsed in 2012. They manufactured porcelain and bone china. I have found several flowers in the collection.

I believe it is bone china but cannot be sure.  The white raised dots adds dimension and texture to the pieces which is very unusual for china.

Loving it!


I finished this book Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy one of my favorite authors.
I enjoyed the book about young people as they start their lives by going on to higher learning or working in the family business.  Takes place between Dublin and Knockglen small Irish town.

It took me to the last few pages to be reminded that I may have read this one before.  Enjoyed it again.


I went to visit my sister on the weekend.  We attended the fish fry fundraiser in the evening.  I knew that snow was in the forecast but I was not ready to see the amount on Saturday morning.

I decided to stay an extra night was was great to have more visiting time.  We played games each night.  There was even a pancake breakfast after church Sunday morning.

We cut die cuts as we borrowed dies from each other.  May as well share rather than duplicate sets.

I was able to drive home in glorious sunshine Sunday afternoon with dry highways but the ditches were full of new snow.  They received about 8" of snow.

I tend to eat my meals in bowls rather than plates so I was looking for a couple more.  I found these in the perfect colors of navy and yellow.

Ironstone made in Italy - Pagnossin.  There wide and shallow so stack nicely with the others I have on the shelf.

It is important that they live within the space I have.

Loving them.

I will have to a declutter of stuff again and sent stuff off to new homes.
I have a new to me set of Nike runners for exercise.  I have been doing walking videos 5 days a week since January!  It has become a habit.

I started out slow but I am now at 2 miles a day which is about 40 minutes.  They always have great warm ups and cool downs.  I have been including a bit of muscle building and stretching as well.

I really needed a new pair and these worked out well.

Boredom is one of the challenges with my exercises.  I have my favorite Leslie Sansone which I have blogged before.  It will let me grow to 5 miles if I want.

I decided to get some more of her videos as folks are dumping videos for streaming apps.  My eagle eyed sister found this trio of DVDs during our visit to the local thrift store.  Yeah!  I was so happy and the cost of $3.00 was excellent.

I will have a great variety of miles to last me for a while.  Now with another 5 mile option it will stand me in good stead for keeping up with this activity through the summer and fall.

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #70 at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.





The challenge at Flickr Macro Monday was cutter which provided a lot of options for subject.  Knives, scissors, wire cutters, rotary cutters, paper punches, cookie cutters and lot more!

You can check out my Flickr photo stream to see what I submitted.  I did photograph about 5 different cutters.

You can check out what others photographed at this link for Flickr Macro Mondays.

Have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. It's important to have good shoes when you walk or exercise! I try to switch mine out some too. I love your new tea cup and saucer...perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - lovely, delicate tea cup! I wish one of my sisters lived close enough that I could drive to visit her (or vice versa). What a blessing for you both! Maeve Binchy is a terrific writer - it's nice to find one that you can rely on for a good read! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.